On this page you will find information regarding Faculty Final Examinations, Rules for the Conduct of Written Examinations, and a link to the April 2017 Graduate Examination and Review Schedule.
Faculty Final Examinations
Course Syllabi indicate whether or not a course will have a final examination which may either be a final written examination or a final review.
Final examinations are held at the end of each session or sub-session. Students taking courses during the day may be required to write evening examinations or reviews, and students taking evening courses may be required to write examinations or complete a review during the day. Examinations may be held on Saturdays. Students who make personal commitments during the examination period do so at their own risk. No special consideration is given and no special arrangements are made in the event of conflicts resulting from personal commitments.
Students who are unable to write their examinations due to illness, etc., should contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Services immediately (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students who have a final examination in the same time slot, or three consecutive final examinations (e.g., morning, afternoon, evening; or afternoon, evening, next morning) should report the conflict to the Daniels Faculty Office of the Registrar and Student Services. Other conflicts with final examinations will not be considered, except under extraordinary circumstances.
Students registered with Accessibility Services in the current session who will be writing final examinations through Test and Exam Services, do not need to report conflicts. Students must register with Test and Exam Services no later than the deadline shown on the examination schedule.
Students who cannot write a final examination at the scheduled time because of a religious obligation should report this conflict to the Office of the Registrar and Student Services as soon as the conflict is known, and no later than the deadline shown on the examination schedule.
Written Exam Rule Reminder
- Students are not permitted to bring any unauthorized aids into a written examination, including electronic devices of ANY kind, unless otherwise stated. This includes CELL PHONES and iPODS. Possession is punishable under the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters. If a candidate has brought a bag (paper, transparent plastic or non-transparent plastic), the following items may be stored inside it under the candidate’s chair (as long as the bag is large enough): cell phone, wallet, laptop computer and any small electronic devices such as calculator.
- Bags, books, pencil cases, and all notes are to be deposited in areas designated by the Chief Presiding Officer and are not to be taken to the examination desk or table. If pencil cases are found on desks, they will be searched.
- Candidates must not communicate with one another in any manner whatsoever during the examination.
- Candidates may not leave the examination room unescorted for any reason, including visiting the washroom.
- All writing must cease at the end of the examination.
Failure to follow any of these rules could result in a formal allegation of academic misconduct. Please see the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters for more information.
|Illness During An Examination|
If you become ill at an examination, you must notify the Chief Presiding Officer immediately, sign the Anomaly Form, and promptly leave the examination. You cannot do this at the end of the examination or just before the examination ends. The CPO will ask you to sign a form and submit all examination materials.
You must seek medical attention immediately. You may then petition for another opportunity to write the examination and provide the University of Toronto Verification of Student Illness or Injury form to support your petition.
Having once abandoned an examination, a student should be aware that consideration may not be given again for the same circumstances.
Registering with Test and Exam Services
If you are registered with Accessibility Services and require an accommodation for a final exam, you MUST register with Test and Exam Services no later than the deadline shown on the examination schedule.
Click here to view the April 2017 Graduate Examination and Review Schedule