Daniels Graduate Pre-Orientation Information
Dear incoming Daniels Graduate students!
Welcome to the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design (Daniels). We are very pleased that you will be joining us in September 2021!
As a new student, we know that there is a lot of new information, so we have put together a comprehensive handbook and will have virtual Orientation presentations in August to help you transition to university life and get to know your classmates.
New Student Handbook
To get you started on the first steps for successful course enrolment, please read the New Graduate Student Handbook 2021-2022. It will also be available early next week online at the New Students section of the Daniels website.
In the coming weeks you will be sent the Daniels Orientation agenda and the University Orientation schedule.
- Save-the-date: Meet your Student Services Team! On August 5th the Daniels Office of the Registrar and Student Services will be hosting a Virtual Q&A Session. This is a great opportunity to meet the team who is your first stop to getting the information you need and get your questions answered about academics, finances, supports and resources and much more!
- Take a Virtual Tour: Get familiar with Daniels by taking this virtual tour online.
- All students are placed into their core courses on ACORN by the Office of the Registrar & Student Services.
- Detailed Information about course enrollment will be sent in the coming weeks.
- Program Specific Information, August Intensives and Workshop information will be sent to you.
|August 3||Forestry students begin elective course enrolment on ACORN|
|August 17||Elective Enrolment Begins (all programs, FOR continues)|
|August 20||Elective enrolment opens to all Daniels Faculty students (incl. Forestry students)|
Course Descriptions and Timetable
Forestry Programs: Your course descriptions and timetable will be available HERE by August 1, 2021.
All other Daniels Graduate Programs: Your course descriptions and timetable will be available HERE by August 1, 2021.
Program Specific Information:
Most courses begin on September 9th, however, listed below are some exceptions depending on your program.
|Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Design||Begin ARC1021H and URD1021H on August 18. This first course will be delivered virtually.|
|Post professional||Begin ALA4010H & ALA4020H on August 23. This first course will be delivered virtually.|
|Master of Landscape Architecture||Begin LAN1041H field course on August 30 in-person.|
|Masters of Forest Conservation||Begin FOR3001H field course on September 9.|
Important Session Dates
2021-2022 Sessional Dates are now available online.
If after reading and viewing the information, you still have questions, we are here to assist you. To help students as efficiently as possible, please provide your student number in all correspondence.