Daniels Faculty students and faculty may borrow photography and AV equipment for short-term use. To sign out a piece of equipment, you must first create a ticket. It can then be signed-out from the Technology Services office in room 177, 1 Spadina Cres., during work hours. Equipment must be returned to the same office. The borrower is responsible for the equipment while it is in their possession.
Typically equipment has to be returned on the same day before 5:00 pm. In special cases, equipment may be signed-out over night or over the weekend. Late return of the equipment is governed by the same rules as library’s short-term loans. Late fees are estimated at $8/day. The charge will apply to printing account of the borrower. You are the only person authorized to use this equipment while you have signed it out. Individuals will be held responsible for any damaged or missing equipment.
Equipment available to borrow includes:
- Point-and-shoot Digital cameras
- Digital video cameras
- Photography accessories (Light meters, Tripods, Speedlight, Light sphere, )
- DVD/ VCR players
- LCD projectors
- Large flat panel LCD screens (55", 65", 80")
- Digital Recorder
- Professional Creative Touch Tablet & Pen (INTUOS)
- Cables & Adapters
It has all possible connectors and integrated speakers to connect to your laptop if for some reason the integrated computer is not satisfying your needs.
The Screen permits you to run presentations where projectors are not usable, bright areas, and is a highly mobile device. It is a perfect tool to run video conference through various software packages (i.e. Skype, ooVoo, WebEx, etc) in addition to the main projector screens for local presentations.
Conference phone (Faculty Only)
A conference IP phone is available to faculty members to use with audio conferences. It can be used in conjunction with a computer to run video conferences as main source of audio for the room.
This device can be used for:
- High quality audio
- Direct input from the audience
- Simple multi-party conferences
Laptop Weekly Rental
Operating System - Windows 10 64
Processor - Intel Core i7 (4th Gen) 4700MQ / 2.4 GHz
RAM - 12 GB Memory
Display - 14.0" HD (1366 x 768), Mobile Broadband Ready
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M / Intel HD Graphics 4600 1 GB dedicated video memory.
Hard Drive - 500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5"
DVD Recordable / USB 3.0 / VGA Port / SD card reader / Mini DP
Rental Cost: $33/Week
Software Packages installed on the laptop:
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote)
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign, Premiere, Encore)
- Rhino 5 (v-Ray, Grasshopper, Maxwell Render, RhinoCam 2)
- Autodesk 2018 (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 3DS Studio Max, Revit, Architecture, v-Ray, Maxwell for 3D Max)
- Sketchup 2017 (v-Ray, Maxwell)
Important: v-Ray, RhinoCAM and Maxwell packages require active VPN connection at all times in order to use the software.
The laptops can be picked up at Technology Services (Room 177)