Graduation doesn't mean goodbye! Here are 9 ways that newly minted members of our esteemed alumni community can stay in touch and involved with the Daniels Faculty. Oh, and did we mention the many perks to being a U of T alumnus? See below for some the benefits offered to our graduates.
1. Subscribe to our newsletter.
If you would like to stay informed about upcoming public events and the latest news about fellow alumni, faculty, and students, you will want to receive our monthly newsletter. Email John Cowling to update your email address and we'll add you to our subscriber list!
2. Send us your news!
Have you won an award? Do you have a recently completed project you’d like to share? Are you part of an upcoming exhibition? We want to help promote your accomplishments big and small on our website, on social media, and in our newsletter. Send your news to Dale Duncan at: email@example.com
3. Follow us on social media.
You can find #UofTDaniels on Facebook, twitter, instagram, and YouTube. Tag your photos and posts so we can see them and share them, too!
4. Attend our public events.
As a recent graduate you already know about the Daniels Faculty's robust series of public events, which include lectures, debates, panel discussions, exhibition, and book launches. We hope you will continue to attend as alumni, and that the speakers, exhibitions, and events held here inspire and inform and provide an opportunity for you to network and build connections that will serve you well throughout your career.
5. Join us for final reviews.
Studio and thesis reviews are an exciting time at the Faculty. Sit in on some presentations without having to worry about your presentation coming up next.
6. Volunteer as a mentor.
Current students are often interested in connecting with alumni to learn about their experiences. Receiving feedback on the development of their portfolios is a common request. If you would like to volunteer as a mentor, please contact John Cowling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Participate in anniversary reunions
Celebrated in May each year at U of T, Spring Reunion is a great time for alumni to reconnect with peers to share common interests and achievements. Interested in participating? Contact John Cowling at John.Cowling@daniels.utoronto.ca for more details!
9. Confirm or update your address
Click here to update your address and receive a 15% discount off of convocation items at the bookstore. You will also be entered in a draw to win a $500 VISA gift card.
The perks of being a U of T Alumnus
- New alumni receive a discount of $550 to use towards any one course at the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
- Alumni Relations recently announced that LinkedIn Learning will offer new e-learning resources for alumni starting May 2019, up to September 14th, 2019. Click here to register for up to 4-months of free LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com).
- U of T alumni get exclusive discounts on attractions, hotels, car rentals, wellness apps, and sports. Click here to browse the full list of discounts.