Applying to Graduate Studies
The Daniels Faculty offers professional and research programs in Architecture, Landscape, Design and Forestry. Prospective students may apply once a year for an August start. To learn more about the Daniels Faculty and what we have to offer visit our Future Students page. For general University of Toronto graduate studies information, please visit the School of Graduate Studies website.
- Master of Architecture professional & advanced standing
- Master of Architecture post-professional
- Master of Forest Conservation professional
- Master of Landscape Architecture professional & advanced standing
- Master of Landscape Architecture post-professional
- Master of Science in Forestry research
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Visual Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture, Landscape, and Design (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Forestry (Ph.D.)
How to Apply
- Read carefully the School of Graduate Studies admissions information and the requirements for the programs listed above
- Complete the SGS Online Admissions Application Profile
- Report academic background
- Report English Language Proficiency test results (if applicable)
- Enter referee contact information
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Upload all supporting documents:
CV, Statement of Interest, Portfolio, Transcript(s), etc.
Costs of University
Tuition schedules are posted on the Office of the Vice-President & Provost website.
The table below outlines a typical Daniels graduate student's expenses for the 2020-21 academic year and are only approximate values for planning purposes.
|Tuition for domestic students: MArch, MLA, MUD||$11,400|
|Tuition for domestic students: MVS||$8,370|
|Tuition for international students: MArch, MLA, MUD||$48,440|
|Tuition for international students: MVS||$41,470|
|Incidental fees for all students||~$1,800|
|Compulsory health insurance (UHIP) for international students||$636|
|Laptop computer**||$500 - $2,500|
|Room in campus residence***||$7,000 - $19,500|
Please be aware that tuition and fees are subject to change, and may change during the period in which applications are being processed. Additional information is provided by the School of Graduate Studies.
*Field trips are additional, not mandatory, and may vary by destination and length.
**The Daniels Faculty highly recommends all students purchase a laptop. Please click here for our recommended specifications.
***The range in price is so large due to variances in meal plans and room options. For residence pricing and more information on alternative housing options, please visit Housing Services. For information about meal plans and eating on campus please see UeaT at http://ueat.utoronto.ca
The Financial Planning Calculator is a publicly-available exploratory financial planning tool available to current students, prospective students and parents. Use it to plan your budget and find out how much it will cost to study at U of T for one academic year.
Awards & Scholarships
Daniels Admission Awards
Applicants will be automatically considered for any merit-based admission awards at the Daniels Faculty for which they are eligible.
For more information on admissions, in-course and graduating awards, please go to the awards section of this website.
External Admission Awards
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for external awards for which they may be eligible well in advance of applying for admission. For more information on awards and scholarships at the University of Toronto, visit the School of Graduate Studies.