When you apply
Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended must be submitted electronically. Applicants who receive an offer of admission will be required to submit official hard copy transcripts to the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design.
All applicants are required to upload a scanned transcript from each post-secondary institution attended. It must be up-to-date, readable, and will be used by the admissions committee to make a decision on your application. You can only submit one transcript per institution. If your institution issues separate transcripts for each degree, you will need to combine the transcripts into one document. The document must include the transcript legend.
In lieu of a scanned copy of a paper transcript, applicants may upload a PDF (.pdf) file of their academic history from their university's student web service. Saving to PDF directly from your web browser is ideal. Where possible, the file should include the university's grading legend and your name. Some universities do not include the same information on the student web service as they do on the transcript (e.g. class size or average). If the admissions committee determines that the file is incomplete you may be asked to submit a copy of the transcript instead.
- The entire transcript for each institution, including transcript legend (usually printed on the back of a paper transcript), must be uploaded as a single PDF (.pdf) file. You cannot upload individual pages.
- The file size cannot exceed 4 megabytes (MB). We recommend scanning in greyscale at 72 dots per inch (DPI).
When you are admitted
The Daniels Faculty requires an official transcript from each post-secondary institution that you have attended; it is your responsibility to submit transcripts prior to the registration deadline, unless otherwise noted on your offer of admission. We strongly recommend submitting transcripts and translations by July 1st.
- By mail:The transcript must be issued directly to the University of Toronto from the institution and sent to the mailing address provided below. Documents must be sealed in the original envelope from the issuing institution, with a signature across the seal.
- Electronic transcript: Institutions issuing official electronic transcripts do so either directly from their own institutional website or through authorized/licensed third party providers. Depending on the program you have been admitted to, please indicate one of the following e-mail addresses:
- Professional and post-professional Daniels Faculty programs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research Stream Daniels Faculty Programs: email@example.com
Photocopies, faxes, or documents arriving in previously opened envelopes will not be considered official.
Applicants who apply while their most recent program is still in progress may be required to provide an additional final official transcript indicating the completion of that program including degree conferral. If this is the case the requirement will be indicated on the offer of admission.
Transcripts Issued in a Language other than English
Applicants who attended universities where the transcripts are not issued in English must provide both an original language transcript and an official English translation. In some cases, the institution will provide both an official original language and translated transcript. In other cases, applicants will be required to order two official transcripts from the institution:
- One to be unopened by the applicant and provided directly to an official translator.
- One to be sent directly to the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design from the institution. If the institution will only release official transcripts to the person to whom the record belongs, the applicant must request that the transcript be sent to them in a sealed envelope so that the applicant can forward the envelope directly to the Daniels Faculty. Applicants are not to open the envelope as that will void the verification. The documents must be received in the original sealed envelope to be considered official.
It is the applicants' responsibility to arrange for transcript(s) to be sent directly from their institution and certified translator to the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design prior to deadline provided in the Offer of Admission letter. An offer of admission may be withdrawn if the transcript requirements are not met by the recommended registration deadline.
Address for Transcripts:
1 Spadina Crescent, Room 100
Toronto, ON, M5S 2J5
+1 416 946-3897
Once documents are submitted they become the property of the University of Toronto and cannot be returned.
Please carefully review the instructions above as they apply to all applicants.
If you anticipate issues with retrieving your official transcripts, we strongly recommend beginning the process of obtaining your documents as soon as possible and no later than at the time of application. As an applicant, if you are unclear on any of the information above, it is your responsibility to seek clarification from the Daniels Faculty. Successful applicants cannot begin their program at the Daniels Faculty until all official transcripts are received.
As mentioned above, official transcripts are sealed in an envelope by the institution and sent directly to the Daniels Faculty (not the School of Graduate Studies). Submit your documents as soon as you decide to join us or as soon as your program is completed so that we have time to verify the authenticity of your documents. Documents submitted may be considered unofficial if the documents do not comply with the guidelines stated above and you may be asked to resubmit.