In response to the University’s return to remote learning for Winter 2022, Daniels will be adhering to the following protocols for access to our buildings and resources until we are able to safely return to in-person learning:
Coming to Campus
• Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to work remotely whenever possible. If building access is required, you may access our buildings via fob in the following manner:
o All students, staff, and faculty accessing any buildings on campus are required to complete and adhere to UCheck policies as established by the University.
o Once on site, face masks must be worn and social distancing practiced.
• One Spadina will be locked, accessible only by fob from Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
• North/South Borden will be locked until in-person classes begin, with exceptions for MVS graduate students who may access the building using fobs.
• Earth Sciences Building (33 Willcocks) will be open Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Forestry graduate students (PhD, MScF) may access the building outside of these hours by fob.
Research Labs and Student Offices Access
• Access to research labs and shared student offices will follow the latest POLICIES as established by the Office of the Vice-President, Research (Oversight and Compliance)
Office of the Registrar and Student Services
• The Office of the Registrar and Student Services will hold the following hours:
o Virtual support: Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
o In-person support, DA100 Open: Tuesday – Thursday 10am – 4pm. Appointments required for in-person advising and fob pick up
o Virtual drop ins continue every Wednesday 3-4pm
• All requests for IT support should be submitted through the IT HelpDesk Ticketing System
• The IT Help Desk will be open during the following hours for in-person assistance if remote ticket resolution is not possible:
o Monday to Friday: 10:00am – 4:00pm. No appointment is necessary; support will be provided on first-come first-served basis.
• Online remote support will remain available for instructors/classes starting at 8:45am from Monday to Friday.
Fabrication Labs (Laser Cutting/3D Printing/CNC/Waterjet) in One Spadina
• Only academic work will be approved for access to the Fabrication Labs.
• Access to Laser Cutter labs will be available with a reduced capacity from Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm, no appointment necessary.
• For all other services in Fabrication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops in One Spadina
• All access to the Workshops will be through appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled through the Workshop Calendar. Only academic work will be approved for access to the Workshops. Please email email@example.com if you have questions unrelated to access or projects.
• The Workshops hours are:
o Monday and Friday: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
o Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Printing and Plotting in One Spadina
• Printing and plotting services will remain available to students, staff, and faculty in One Spadina Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
A/V HelpDesk in South Borden
• Only MVS students have access to the Borden Building studios/workspaces during this time. No appointment is necessary for MVS use of studios.
• If in-person support or access to equipment is required, make an appointment by emailing Renée Lear.
• Renée Lear is available for online support for Visual Studies students and faculty Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Only academic work will be approved for access to the A/V Help Desk.
• All access to Forestry labs will remain by fob. For Forestry lab related questions, please email Tony Ung.