Work-study and Other On-Campus Positions
Working on campus throughout the school year, or over the summer, can be a great way to explore different careers, build skills that you enjoy using, make some extra money and get experience that will impress employers. Please visit the Career Centre website for available on-campus work opportunities. All students should review this information as changes to the work-study program eligibility have been made in the past two years.
Career Centre Resources
Not sure how to start your job search? The University of Toronto's Career Centre provides you with access to the latest career resources. To find out more about building your skills on-campus and off as well as exploring what the Career Centre has to offer, visit the Career Centre online or on campus at the Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College Street.
You may also wish to meet with our embedded Career Educator. For information about how to book an appointment with Natasha please contact the Career Exploration & Education office.
The John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design offers a variety of Teaching Assistantship positions each session for both graduate and undergraduate courses. Hiring priority is given to graduate students with first consideration given to graduate students with prior experience. Students are expected to ensure that the Teaching Assistant positions they have applied to do not conflict with their core courses. Students may be expected to attend a combination of Lectures, Practicals, and Tutorials, depending on the course.
- Undergraduate Studio Courses – TAs are expected to attend the weekly practical only.*
- Undergraduate Lecture Courses (No Tutorial) – TAs are expected to attend the weekly lecture.*
- Undergraduate Lecture Courses (with Tutorial) – TAs are expected to attend the weekly lecture, plus tutorial section. *
- Graduate Courses – TAs are expected to attend the weekly lecture and/or tutorial section.*
*Please note that Head TAships positions may have additional requirements.
Students are expected to choose electives that will not conflict with their Teaching Assistantship obligations. Before you apply you must make sure the course you are applying for does not conflict with any of your core courses. ***Please note: For initial TA postings for Fall/Winter/Summer, we have matrixed the application for you, and you will not be allowed to apply for anything that conflicts with your core courses. Emergency TA application's, have not been matrixed. ***
Any questions regarding Teaching Assistants can be directed to Daniels TA.
Emergency Winter 2024 (Round 5):
Emergency Winter 2024 applications can be submitted from January 5, 2024 - January 9, 2024 at 11:59pm.
All applications are to be submitted online:
- A listing of the Emergency Winter 2024 Positions can be found here.
- Please submit your application online here for the Emergency Winter 2024 Positions. All application forms must be accompanied by a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript and contact details for two references.
- All Students are welcome to apply, as long as they meet the minimum qualifications, and the course your applying to, does not conflict with your courses.
- Any questions regarding postings/application/course can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Decisions regarding all postings will be communicated via UofT email. All students who wish to be considered for the Emergency TA Postings, must reapply. If during the application and/or selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com. Duties of these positions shall be performed at the campus on which the position is located. Where the duties are intended to be performed at another location, such other location will be specified in the posting. Please note that at this time, all courses are scheduled to be in-person, please note that if the method of delivery changes, we will inform TAs, as soon as we receive confirmation.
Updated: January 5, 2024 xc: CUPE Local 3902, fax: 593-9866
The John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design advertises CUPE positions for Teaching Assistants, Chief Presiding Officers, and Invigilators online. These positions are posted as needed for Daniels Faculty courses/final examinations in accordance with the respective CUPE local 3902 Collective Agreement.
All students are required to submit their applications via online application form. All applications must be accompanied by a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and contact details for two references.
Chief Presiding Officers and Invigilators
The John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design hires Chief Presiding Officers and Invigilators to preside over final examinations held in the examination period of each academic term as required. Hiring priority is given to Graduate Students with first consideration given to graduate students with experience in conducting Faculty final examinations.
Sessions currently advertised: Winter 2024
- ARC253H1S - April 16 - Rough Times 6pm-10pm
- ARC251H1S - April 18 - Rough Times 8am-12pm
- ARC352H1S - April 25 - Rough Times 8am-1pm
Applications consist of a Resume and Cover Letter. Please indicate in your email if you are a TA for the course, and which exam you are applying to CPO. CPOs must be for the Date & Time indicated above. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Presiding Officers will act on behalf of the Program's Office in administering Faculty final examinations in strict accordance with Faculty procedures and regulations. They will be responsible for picking up examination materials; opening and organizing examination rooms; making announcements; distributing examination books and question papers; collecting student signatures; dealing with emergency situations such as ill students, fire alarms, etc.; returning materials to the Office of the Registrar and Student Services; maintaining the confidentiality of examination materials; and carrying out the directives contained in the procedures and regulations governing Faculty final examinations. Occasional attendance at meetings and tribunals is required.
First consideration will be given to graduate students with experience in conducting Faculty final examinations. General qualifications include: ability to carry out procedures under pressure using tact and judgement, ability to effectively direct large groups, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in the body of your email, which exam you are applying to CPO and if you are a TA for the course. Application deadlines are posted here and on our CUPE bulletin board located on the basement floor of 1 Spadina Cres, adjacent to the Workshop Office. All Application forms and resumes can be emailed to TA help
PLEASE NOTE: While all applications for these positions are appreciated, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Updated: February 28, 2024 xc: CUPE Local 3902, fax: 593-9866
The John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design advertises CUPE positions for Teaching Assistants, Chief Presiding Officers, and Invigilators online and on our CUPE bulletin board located on the basement floor of 1 Spadina Crescent adjacent to the Workshop Office. These positions are posted as needed for Daniels Faculty courses/final examinations in accordance with the respective CUPE local 3902 Collective Aggreement.