Dear Daniels 3rd & 4th year students!
To help prospective graduate students get their applications ready, the Daniels Office of the Registrar and Student Services in partnership with the Daniels Writing Centre and the Daniels On-Location Career Educator are offering a series of online workshops. Events will be held virtually on Zoom. Event links will be provided in advance of the workshops.
How to Ask for a Reference Letter October 7, 2-3pm
- Introduction to reference letter etiquette, communicating through email or by video-call, brainstorming talking points about graduate school motivations and intent.
How to Apply for Financial Aid and Budgeting October 12, 2-3pm
- An overview including how to apply for financial aid and budgeting tips.
Writing a Statement of Interest & Cover Letter October 14, 2-3pm
- Overview of main elements of a letter of intent, advice on brainstorming and organizing ideas, style and tone.
Getting Your Portfolio Ready October 21, 2-3pm
- An introduction to general strategies for organizing the portfolio, layout considerations, and effective project descriptions and text.
CGS Master Information Session October 26, 2-3pm
- Information about the CGS-M program eligibility requirements, application process, and selection process.
Awards and Grant Writing Workshop November 2, 2-3pm
- Learn some best practices when writing award and grant applications.
Daniels Graduate Open House November 8-12
- Join us for the Daniels Program Presentations, Application Workshops and hear from faculty, staff and students. Get your questions answered.
Portfolio Review Desk Crit November 8-12
- Interested in getting feedback on your portfolio? This event offers you the opportunity to have your portfolio reviewed and get feedback to build on. Priority will be given to 4thyear students.
Getting your Resume/CV Ready November 16, 2-3pm
- Learn about the main elements of a CV and resume, how to write descriptions of accomplishments and qualifications, and graphic design considerations