Essential Guide for Grad Students
The Essential Guide for Grad Students (EGGS) produced by SGS and the Office of Student Life, is a booklet for both new and continuing graduate students which contains information about registration, SGS awards, University-wide resources and much more.
U of T Resources
Here are a few other U of T resources to get you started.
- Academic Success Centre helps students improve their academic skills, strategies, and competencies that are essential to succeed.
- Fitness and Recreation lists the various Varsity Blues teams, intramural sports teams, drop-in recreation and facilities.
- Centre for International Experience offers international students a guide for coming to U of T, outbound exchange programs, and safety abroad information. The CIE is also offering online advice for study permit application process and other essential related information. Please see here for details and to register for a webinar.
- Career Centre helps students find work opportunities on and off campus and offers career counselling and workshops.
- Enrolment Services provides information about applying for government student financial assistance.
- Graduate Architecture Landscape and Design Student Union (GALDSU) is your Faculty student union providing diverse athletic, cultural and social opportunities for students.
- Graduate Student Union (GSU) offers students a health and dental plan and runs programs such as bike chain.
- Health and Wellness provides health services including clinics, Peers are Here and other health promotion programs.
- Housing Services offers housing and residence services, a roommate finder program, student family housing, and don ship positions.
- Student Life is a one-stop shop for student clubs, organizations, activities, and opportunities.
School of Graduate Studies Resources
- Resources for International Graduate Students
- Online Chat Sessions & Webinars with SGS
- Essential Guide for Grad Students 2019-20 [PDF] [2020-21 coming soon]
Graduate Transfer Credits and Course Exemptions
Transfer credits are assessed upon admission by the Admissions Committee and are rarely granted as applicants have the option to apply for advanced standing in the Master of Architecture and Master of Landscape Architecture programs.
Students interested in requesting transfer credits should submit the School of Graduate Studies Transfer Credit request form.
This can be submitted first to the Daniels Faculty for review.
If eligible for consideration, the request will be passed to the School of Graduate Studies for final approval.
With the approval of the graduate unit a student may be exempt from a specific course requirement permitting the substitution of another course to meet degree requirements.
If granted, the overall course credit requirements for the degree are not reduced.
In order for your course exemption requests to be reviewed for the 2020/21 academic year and before elective course enrolment begins, you must submit the required documentation as soon as possible, and no later than TBD. Requests received after this date will not be considered.