Hello Daniels students,
This week learn how the Daniels Writing Centre can support you in your academic journey.
The Daniels Writing Centre is available for individual appointments and drop-ins for ALL registered Daniels students. You may meet with a writing instructor for any assignment or project including non-Daniels courses.
The Writing Centre offers instruction on a variety of skills including:
Formal analysis, artist statements, grant proposals and applications, portfolio organization and writing, conference presentations, research articles and writing in the sciences.
Developing your voice and exploring multiliteracy
Linguistic conventions and possibilities
Brainstorming and ideation
Giving credit to sources and influences (Chicago Manual of Style)
Developing a thesis
The art and craft of persuasion
Organizing ideas for essays, presentations, exhibitions, and publications
Revising and editing
All appointments are online (synchronous and asynchronous) except for Monday Drop-Ins.
Students may book
- Two 25-min appointments per week; OR
- One 50-min per week (i.e. two back-to-back appointments)
- In-person drop-ins with Prof. Allen-Kim are available on Mondays, 11:30-2:00 pm. A sign-up sheet is posted outside room 221.
- To book appointments, access workshops and meeting rooms, and download videos and handouts, please add yourself to our new Quercus site: https://q.utoronto.ca/enroll/LNWDD8 OR
- Book student appointments at: https://uoft.me/writingcentres (wait list available)
For more information contact:
Erica Allen-Kim, Ph.D. (She/Her)
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Writing Centre Coordinator
Writing Centre website: https://q.utoronto.ca/enroll/LNWDD8
Booking system: https://uoft.me/writingcentres
Virtual Studio WC help desk: https://gather.town/app/LOXGdYFHVu8t9vQc/VirtualStudio