To request enrolment in electives offered by other departments students must obtain the instructor's signature and the host department coordinator/administrator's signature before submitting the Add/Drop form to the Office of the Registrar and Student Services or email@example.com for final approval. It is important that the form be completed correctly. To ensure your form can be processed, please provide us with contact information for the host department administrator so we may to confirm your approval. Please note that other department enrolment dates will differ from that of the Daniels Faculty and it is your responsibility to be aware of these dates and contact the departments as appropriate.
MArc, MLA, MUD, and MVS students may freely choose any of the following electives.
Summer 2020 Global Architecture
Please note that due to the COVID-19 situation, the following Daniels Global Architecture Studio courses have been cancelled for the Summer 2020 session.
- (ARC3038H/ARC2015H) Global Architecture 2020: Costa Rica. Instructor: Mauricio Quiros Pacheco
- (ARC3038H/ARC2015H) Global Architecture 2020: Marrakech. Instructor: Aziza Chaouni
Winter 2020 Research Studios
Students must submit their ballot following the instructions below. REMEMBER: Once your ballot is submitted, you will be unable to change your choices. Take your time to make the right decision. All ballots must be submitted by 9:00am on Monday, December 16.
(ARC3016Y S) Architectural Design Studio 6: Research Studios
- (L0101) New Generics - The Age of Compromise. Instructor: Adrian Phiffer
- (L0102) Archipelago. Instructor: Petros Babasikas
- (L0103) STUFF. Instructor: Laura Miller
- (L0105) Framing, Looping & Projecting Quantum Architecture: Through the Looking-Glass of the Interopera. Instructor: Brian Boigon
- (L0106) The Pleasure of Ruins: The Allure of the Incomplete - Drawing as Thesis. Instructor: John Shnier
- (L0107) The International Trade Fair of Dakar: Adaptive Reuse of a West-African Modernist Icon. Instructor: Aziza Chaouni
- (L0108) Platform Collectives. Instructor: Michael Piper
- (L0111) Topic. Instructor: Mauricio Quirós Pacheco
- (L0113) Little Monsters, Ugly Ducklings, and Mutants; or Durable Structures for a Provisional Present. Instructor: Carol Moukheiber.
Winter 2020 Electives
Architecture Elective Courses
History and Theory
- (ARC3102H S) Selected Topics in Architectural History and Theory: Living Together - On the Public and the Common in Architecture and Urbanism. Instructor: Roberto Damiani
- (ARC3300H S) Selected Topics in Architectural History and Theory: The Architecture of Markets. Instructor: John Harwood
- (ARC3301H S) Selected Topics in Architectural History and Theory: Towards a Global, Decentered, and Heterogeneous Modernism. Instructor: Amin Alsaden
- (ARC3202H S) Selected Topics in Advanced Computer Applications: Daylight and Electric Lighting Design. Instructor: Alstan Jakubiec
Technics and Planning
- (ARC3404H S) Selected Topics in Architecture and Technology: Mass Timber Construction Technology. Instructor: Ted Kesik
- (ARC3705H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: The Near Future - Scenarios for Building Tomorrow. Instructor: Hans Ibelings
- (ARC3708H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: Science Fiction Architecture and the Cinema. Instructor: Brian Boigon
- (ARC3712H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: Housing - Multi-Unit Housing in Urban Cities: From 1800 to Present Day. Instructor: Katy Chey
- (ARC3716H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: Drawing on the City. Instructor: Tei Carpenter
- (ARC3720H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: Designing for the 99% - Models of Design Practice. Instructor: Aziza Chaouni
- (ARC3725H S) Selected Topics in Architecture: Generative Design Thinking & Workflows. Instructor: Matthew Spremulli
Landscape Architecture Electives
- (LAN3300H S) Landscape Architecture Topics: Climate Climacteric. Instructor: Fadi Masoud
History and Theory
- (LAN3700H S) Landscape Architecture Topics: IndIgenous Perspectives on Landscapes. Instructor: Doug Anderson
- (LAN3900H S) Landscape Architecture Topics: History, Theory, Criticism - Worldviews = Nature(s), Environment(s), and Landscape(s). Instructor: Georges Farhat
Urban Design Electives
History, Theory, Criticism
- (URD1503H S) Selected Topics in Urban Design: Tabula Non-Rasa - On Architecture, Heritage and Adaptation. Instructor: Nicolas Barrette
- (URD1505H S) Selected Topics in Urban Design: Community Consultation & Urban Design. Instructor: Lorne Cappe
- (URD1508H S) Selected Topics in Urban Design: The Public Street. Instructor: Kanwal Aftab
- (URD1509H S) Selected Topics in Urban Design: Cities, Commerce, Entertainment. Instructor: Alfredo Landaeta
Past Course Descriptions
Click here to view past course descriptions.