Follow the 8 A’s to kick start your Daniels journey!
(this page updated as new information, especially regarding dates of events, becomes available)
1. Accept your Offer
- If you have not already done so, please follow the instructions included in your admission package on your Join U of T Portal to accept your offer of admission by the stated deadline.
- If you have applied through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) as a 101 or 105 applicant, you must accept your offer of admission through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) by the confirmation deadline date stated on your offer letter.
- If you applied directly to the University of Toronto (Internal Applicant, Part Time Applicant, University of Toronto International Application), accept your offer at join.utoronto.ca.
- Want to take a gap year? Request a deferral by September 15, 2021.
2. Apply for Residence
- There are a variety of student housing options open to Daniels Faculty students.
- If you are interested in living in one the many residences on campus, ensure you submit your StarRez application by March 31, 2021.
- Learn more about Student Housing at U of T by visiting studentlife.utoronto.ca/hs.
- The Department of Student Housing also provides U of T students with various resources to help secure off-campus housing, if not living in residence.
- For COVID-19 related residence FAQ's, please see here.
3. Access your courses
- Over the coming weeks you should take some time to familiarize yourself with U of T’s online registration and records system: ACORN (also called the “Student Web Service”). All course enrollment takes place online.
- Course enrollment for first year students will begin July 22, 2021, from 9am. It is recommended that you prepare beforehand what courses you will need to enroll in. More information on course enrollment will be provided at Academic Orientation and here in late June. The 2021-22 Timetable and Academic Calendar are not yet ready. See the Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Timetable and 2020-2021 Academic Calendar.
- July 30: Faculty of Arts & Science course selection open for Daniels students. Information about FAS programs of study, deadline dates, and enrolment informaiton can be found on the FAS Academics & Registration page here.
- Transfer students admitted into second year will begin course enrollment July 19, 2021. Transfer students admitted into third year will begin course enrollment July 15, 2021. Students transferring from another post-secondary institution must apply for transfer credits. The deadline is June 1, 2021. More information about transfer credits is available on our website here.
- Fall classes will begin on Thursday September 9, 2021.
4. Assess your Finances
- Take the time to plan out all your expenses and set a budget to ensure that you have adequate funding available for the upcoming year.
- For information on how to finance your studies at the Daniels Faculty, click here.
- If you are an Ontario Resident looking for government aid, it is recommended that you start applying early for the Ontario Student Assistance Plan (OSAP).
- If you are out-of-province, check with your local funding agency for relevant deadlines.
- Review the Daniels undergraduate awards that you may be eligible for upon admission, while you are at Daniels, and upon graduation. Most of these awards do not require applications. If there are any awards that require applications, a call for applications will be sent via email.
- Pre-pay your first year of tuition fees: international students from certain countries may consider pre-paying the first year of tuition fees to facilitate their study permit application.
- The first installment of your academic fees is due September 1, 2021 and you will be able to view details regarding your fees on ACORN in mid-July. Fee deferral requests are also made through ACORN by this date.
- Information how to pay or request tuition fee deferrals for the 2020-21 academic year can be found on the Current Students Fees website.
5. Attend Orientation Events
- The Welcome Event & Academic Orientation will be delivered in an online format in late June TBD, 2021. These sessions are a great opportunity to learn more about degree requirements, how course selection works, what you can expect in your first year of study, and will give you the opportunity to ask questions and to meet faculty, student services staff, and other students. Check back for more information soon!
- Other Orientation activities will take place before classes begin in the first week of September. Click here for details on the 2021-2022 orientation schedule of activities.
6. Activate your Student Life
- Prior to the beginning of the fall semester it is important that you obtain your U of T Student Card (T-Card), activate your UTORID, and begin using your U of T email account. Students who have accepted their offer will be able to obtain their UTORid (and U of T Email) starting May 1st. See here.
- If you are an international student, we encourage you to take a look at the pre-arrival guide and next steps information available through the Centre for International Experience. The CIE is also offering online advice for study permit application process and other essential related information. Please see here for details and to register for a webinar.
- As a Daniels Faculty student, you will also have the opportunity to engage with our undergraduate Architecture and Visual Studies Student Union (AVSSU). AVSSU will be running orientation activities before the beginning of classes this fall to help all new students get well acquainted with their new home! Click here for details on the 2020-2021 orientation schedule of activities.
- Visit the Future U of T website to learn about the many programs, services, clubs, and activities U of T has to offer.
7. Acquaint yourself with the Daniels Community
- One of the best things you can do to ensure a successful transition into your first year in the Daniels Faculty is to get involved in the Daniels student community. Keep an eye out for information about the Daniels Orientation Week 2020 and be sure to sign up!
- Join an alumni panel to hear from students who have completed the program.
- Have questions about the Architectural Studies or Visual Studies programs at Daniels? Admitted students can sign up for one (or more!) of our Web Chat sessions to chat with a Daniels staff member. We have a selection of opportunities for you to engage with us: private, one-on-one chats, live text-type chats in small groups, and also small group webinars/webchats. For the group chats we advise you not to share personal or private information.
- The Daniels Mentorship Program is an opportunity for students to connect with senior students, find support within the faculty, and have some fun. Details for participating in this program will be available soon.
- Take an Online Tour of the Daniels Building: Take me to the online tour
8. Ask Questions
- Continue to check our website for updated information for New Students. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact the Office of the Registrar and Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Admitted students can sign up for one (or more!) of our Web Chat sessions to chat with a Daniels staff member. We have a selection of opportunities for you to engage with us: private, one-on-one chats, live text-type chats in small groups, and also small group webinars/webchats. For the group chats we advise you not to share personal or private information.